Career Opportunities at Boston Welding & Design, Inc. Woburn, MA
Primary function: Manage and oversee Company daily operations.
Responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, employee productivity, product and service quality control, with special attention to safety measures as established for the Operations Department. Serve as a company representative with regards to regulatory issues. Enhance the operational procedures, systems and principles in the areas of information flow, business processes, and enhanced management reporting.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree. Strong preference for concentration or major in Operations Management or Business studies. Must have 8 to 10 years’ experience in Operations Management or Business ownership in Welding, Construction or related business. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Lead and direct the work of others. Position reports directly to company executive management.
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach and discipline employees
- Communicate job expectations, including the planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing of job contributions
- Plan, review and deliver employee compensations plans, and rewards programs
- Contribute operations recommendations to company strategic growth plans; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify industry trends
- Forecast sales and labor requirements; prepare an annual company operational budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective action to meet or exceed budget projections.
- Develop operations system by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; use our software to receive product (STRUMIS) equipment utilization, conduct inventory management and oversee shipping activity.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing company standards and procedures in compliance with state and local regulations
- Continue to expand job knowledge and experience by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, maintaining personal network; participate in professional organizations.
- Manage process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes as needed.
- Manage all staffing levels, inclusive of employee wages, hours, and hiring of contract labor to support revenue goals
- Responsible for all department managers and supervisors with review/approval responsibility for all operation employees
- Run a safe, injury/accident free work place
- Manage relationships with key operation vendors
- Track vendor pricing, rebates and service levels
- Review and approve all operational invoices and expenditures to insure they are summited for timely payment
- Serve as the primary point of contact when there are customer issues with regards to quality of work, customer service, or accidents and mishaps on jobsite.
- Work closely with PM and executive management team to set / or implement policies, procedures and systems and maintain adherence
Communicate with legal counsel and safety officials to ensure all company processes remain compliant with OSHA and other governmental regulations
- Performs welds on various items using a variety of processes in both a “shop” and “on site” setting.
- Required to work on a variety of Job Orders including, but not limited to, installation, repair, and fabrication of metal, metal materials and fixtures.
- Some machining is required as well as deburring, grinding, and cleaning parts.
- Should be able to follow directions and complete required tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Should be able to supervise others as the “lead man” on a work crew.
- Should be knowledgeable of and follow Safe Work Practices.
- Expertise with operating equipment used in welding and welding fabrication including band saws, grinders, break, shear, drill press, chop saw, etc.
- Expertise reading and working from blueprints or shop drawings with a solid understanding of welding symbols.
- Read a Tape Measure.
- Should be a team leader and work well with others.
- Good Customer service skills.
- Should have standard tools that fit experience and skill level.
- Dependable and hard working
- Reliable means of transportation
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift at least 80 lbs.
- MIG Welding, TIG Welding, Stick Welding, Oxy Acetylene Cutting,
- Plasma cutting, Carbon Arc Cutting.
- Basic welding equipment.
- Tool knowledge.
- GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Welding Certifications.
- OSHA 10 Safety Training.
- 10 YEARS Experience.
- Blueprint Reading
- Welding Settings for all types of welding.
- Read and understand tape measurements.
- Reading and writing English (2nd. Language a Bonus.)
- Ability to manage a crew on site.
- MIG WELDING
- DUAL SHIELD MIG
- STICK WELDING
- ROD WELDING
- TIG WELDING
- OXY ACETYLYNE CUTTING
- PLASMA CUTTING
- CARBON ARC CUTTING
- DRILL PRESS
- PRESS BRAKE
- SAW CUTTING
- ROAD EXPERIENCE
- FORKLIFT EXPERIENCE
- AERIAL LIFT EXPERIENCE
- OSHA 10 HR. COURSE
SALARY: $18.00 – $30.00
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Utility Construction Foreman
Well established steel and metal fabrication shop located on the north shore is looking for a Full Time experienced working Utility Construction Foreman to supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in the construction, installation and repair of structures and fixtures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise total construction effort to endure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Includes interfacing with Project Managers, Site Supervisor, Client Representative, other contractors, etc.
- Determine sequence of activities concerned with fabrication, assembly, and erection. Plan work ahead and assure that resources are available for next day and next week’s work. Prioritize, schedule, and communicate plans and tasks to crew members.
- Make proper selections of building materials to conform to project requirements.
- Inspects work performed by staff and subcontractors to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Maintain accurate time sheets and daily reports.
- Follows company policy and procedure and enforces safety regulations.
- Works harmoniously, cooperatively, and courteously with others at all times.
- Performs trade and miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as required.
CERTIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and additional specialized training equal to a master craft designation
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in building construction trades
- Utility Construction background
- Valid Driver’s License
- Safety Certifications
- OSHA 10 Safety Training
- DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate
SALARY: $28 – $35 per hour
This position offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefit package.
JOB TYPE: Full Time
Assistant Project Manager
The Assistant Project Manager will provide support to both the Project Manager and Estimator in a
variety of tasks aimed at increasing the efficiency of current processes. This will be accomplished by
becoming familiar with the processes and software currently in use.
Assisting the Project Manager
• Receive material into software system
• Assist in purchasing of material for jobs
• Assist in review of design drawings for jobs
• Establish regular monthly Safety meeting schedule
• Safety Programs – Updates
Assisting the Estimator
• Assist in the preparation of Job Estimates by doing takeoffs including:
• Review bid documents and specs
• Communicate with customers, architects, and engineers for bid related items
• Preparation of material lists
• Sending and receiving RFQ’s from suppliers and subcontractors
• Prepare written proposals
• Entry of completed Estimate into software system
• AutoCad Drawings
• Review and respond to Requests for Proposals received from BWD Website
• Become familiar with BWD daily operations and work flow. Office/Shop/Road
• Analyze and review current processes to maximize efficiency
• Assist, when needed, in other, non-specified office related duties.
• Multitasker with positive attitude and strong desire to learn
• Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new software systems
High School Diploma
Technical School or College preferred
Utility Construction Background Preferred
Strong Computer Skills
Ability to read Blueprints and specs
Flexibility and ability to multi-task
Work well with others
Strong organizational and analytical skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary $50,000 +
Office Admin Assistant
Description Coming Soon
Description Coming Soon
General Shop Help
Description Coming Soon
Benefits of working at Boston Welding
- Health Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- Personal Time
- Sick Time
- Profit Sharing
- Incentive Bonuses
Boston Welding & Design, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer , does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, sex , age national origin, religion, gender identity, status, status as a veteran , and based on disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.